- This event has passed.
The Baker Act Webinar
October 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
About this event
Join us for a complimentary Zoom Webinar.
The Baker Act in Florida allows a child, an adult or an elder to be involuntarily sent for a psychiatric examination.
This webinar is designed to provide mental health providers with a thorough understanding of the Florida Mental Health Act (Baker Act) including its history, use, impact on human rights and actions to take while protecting vulnerable persons and their rights.
Specific Learning Objectives:
1. Understand the legal context and intentions of the Baker Act.
2. Be able to describe the laws regarding involuntary examinations.
3. Be able to identify the basic human rights impacted by the Baker Act and the Act’s unintended consequences.
4. Obtain action steps to protect yourself, your children, and all those impacted by the Baker Act.
Our guest speaker:
Carmen Miller, Esq. is a private attorney practicing in the Tampa Bay area. She is an expert on the Baker Act and served for over 8 years as an Asst. Public Defender for the 13th Judicial District, Hillsborough County.
The Citizens Commission on Human Rights of Florida (CCHR) is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious mental health watchdog organization dedicated to the restoration of human rights in the mental health industry.
Saturday, October 16th, 2021 at 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
This live webinar is designed for:
· Mental Health Counselors
· Clinical Social Workers
· Marriage Family Therapists
· Master Social Workers
Submit your questions to: email@example.com
© 2021 CCHR Florida. All Rights Reserved. CCHR, CCHR logo, and Citizens Commission on Human Rights are trademarks and service marks owned by Citizens Commission on Human Rights