- This event has passed.
The Baker Act Webinar (3 CE)
June 12, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
About this event
Join us for a complimentary Zoom Webinar.
The Baker Act in Florida allows a child, an adult or an elder to be involuntarily sent for a psychiatric examination.
This course is designed to provide mental health providers with a thorough understanding of the Florida Mental Health Act (Baker Act) including, its history, its use, impact on human rights and actions to take while protecting vulnerable persons and their rights.
Specific Leaning Objectives:
1. Participants will understand the legal context and intentions of the Baker Act.
2. Participants will be able to describe the laws regarding involuntary examinations.
3. Participants will be able to identify the basic human rights impacted by the Baker Act and its unintended consequences.
4. Participants will be provided with action steps to protect themselves, their children, and all those impacted by the Baker Act.
Our guest speaker:
Carmen Miller, Esq. She is a private attorney practicing in the Tampa Bay area. She is an expert on the Baker Act and served for over 8 years as Asst. Public Defender for 13th Judicial District, Hillsborough County.
The Citizens Commission on Human Rights of Florida (CCHR) is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious mental health watchdog organization dedicated to the restoration of human rights in the the mental health industry.
Saturday, June 12th, 2021 at 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
This webinar has been planed and implement in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Florida Board Of Clinical Social Work, Marriage And Family Therapy And Mental Health Counseling.
This live activity is designated for maximum of three (3.0) CE Credits for:
· Licensed Mental Health Counselor
· Licensed Clinical Social Worker
· Licensed Marriage Family Therapist
· Certified Master Social Worker
Submit your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carmen Miller, Esq.