- This event has passed.
The Baker Act – Online Conference
December 12, 2020 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
About this Event
Join us for a complimentary Zoom Webinar.
The Baker Act in Florida allows a child, an adult or an elder to be involuntarily sent for a psychiatric examination.
This course is designed to provide mental health providers with a thorough understanding of the Florida Mental Health Act (Baker Act) including, its history, its use, impact on human rights and actions to take while protecting vulnerable persons and their rights.
Specific Leaning Objectives:
1. Participants will understand the legal context and intentions of the Baker Act.
2. Participants will be able to describe the laws regarding involuntary examinations.
3. Participants will be able to identify the basic human rights impacted by the Baker Act and its unintended consequences.
4. Participants will be provided with action steps to protect themselves, their children, and all those impacted by the Baker Act.
Our guest speaker:
Carmen Miller, Esq. She is a private attorney practicing in the Tampa Bay area. She is an expert on the Baker Act and served for over 8 years as Asst. Public Defender for 13th Judicial District, Hillsborough County.
Citizens Commission on Human Rights of Florida is a mental health watchdog advocating for mental health rights patients for more than 30 years.
Saturday, December 12th, 2020 at 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
This webinar has been planed and implement in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Florida Board Of Clinical Social Work, Marriage And Family Therapy And Mental Health Counseling.
This live activity is designated for maximum of three (3.0) CE Credits for:
· Licensed Mental Health Counselor
· Licensed Clinical Social Worker
· Licensed Marriage Family Therapist
· Certified Master Social Worker
Submit your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org