- This event has passed.
The Baker Act Seminar
January 14 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Join us for a complimentary Seminar.
The Baker Act in Florida allows a child, an adult or an elder to be involuntarily sent for a psychiatric examination.
This seminar is designed to provide mental health providers with a thorough understanding of the Florida Mental Health Act (Baker Act) including its history, use, impact on human rights and actions to take while protecting vulnerable persons and their rights.
Specific Learning Objectives:
1. Understand the legal context and intentions of the Baker Act.
2. Be able to describe the laws regarding involuntary examinations.
3. Be able to identify the basic human rights impacted by the Baker Act and the Act’s unintended consequences.
4. Obtain action steps to protect yourself, your children, and all those impacted by the Baker Act.
Our guest speaker:
Carmen Miller has been a private attorney in the Tampa Bay area for many years. She is an expert on the Baker Act and served for over 8 years as an Asst. Public Defender for the 13th Judicial District, Hillsborough County.
The Citizens Commission on Human Rights of Florida (CCHR) is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious mental health watchdog organization dedicated to the restoration of human rights in the mental health industry.
Saturday, January 14th, 2022 at 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
This live seminar is designed for:
· Mental Health Counselors
· Clinical Social Workers
· Marriage Family Therapists
· Master Social Workers
· Law Enforcement Officers
· School Staff
Submit your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2022 CCHR Florida. All Rights Reserved. CCHR, CCHR logo, and Citizens Commission on Human Rights are trademarks and service marks owned by Citizens Commission on Human Rights